N.C. A&T Men Lose at Queens
CHARLOTTE (April 12, 2007) – North Carolina A&T men’s tennis closed out their regular season with a 7-0 loss to Queens University of Charlotte on Wednesday. The men close out their regular season 1-15 overall and 1-3 in the MEAC.
Queens improved to 13-1 on the season. The most competitive singles match of the day came at No. 1 with Nicolas Arduh taking on Jules Athalis. Arduh lost the first 6-3 but battled Athalis to a tiebreaker in the second where he eventually lost the set 7-6, 5-0 in the tiebreaker. Niko Barr closed out his regular season with three wins but lost in straight sets, 6-1, 6-0, to Paolo Bompieri at No. 2 singles. John Wilson IV had four wins during the regular season. He lost at No. 3 singles to Agustin Aran Martin in straight sets, 6-1, 6-0.
Brett Caban also had four wins to close out the regular season. Caban, who has one of those wins against Wake Forest, lost to Andor Vas 6-3, 6-1. Freshman Jordan Lawrence and senior Keiston France also lost in singles play. Adair Bartra, who led the team in wins this season with five, did not play on Wednesday. Queens also swept all three doubles matches to earn the doubles point. N.C. A&T will work hard over the next few days before competing in the MEAC tournament April 20-22 in Norfolk, Va.
North Carolina A&T vs Queens University of Charlotte
4/12/2017 at Charlotte, N.C.
Queens University of Charlotte 7, North Carolina A&T 0
1. Jules Athalis (QUMTN) def. ARDUH,Nicolas (NCATM) 6-3, 7-6 (5-0)
2. Paolo Bompieri (QUMTN) def. BARR,Niko (NCATM) 6-1, 6-0
3. Agustin Aran Martin (QUMTN) def. WILSON,John IV (NCATM) 6-1, 6-0
4. Andor Vas (QUMTN) def. CABAN,Brett (NCATM) 6-3, 6-1
5. Sebastian Meum (QUMTN) def. LAWRENCE,Jordan (NCATM) 8-2
6. Zachary Williams (QUMTN) def. FRANCE,Keiston (NCATM) 8-0
1. Paolo Bompieri/Andor Vas (QUMTN) def. ARDUH,Nicolas/BARR,Niko (NCATM) 8-1
2. Agustin Aran Martin/Sebastian Meum (QUMTN) def. CABAN,Brett/LAWRENCE,Jordan (NCATM) 8-2
3. Jules Athalis/Will Roberson (QUMTN) def. WILSON,John IV/FRANCE,Keiston (NCATM) 8-1