Aggies Go On The Road to Face Pirates
North Carolina A&T (5-7) at East Carolina (6-4)
Date(s): Tuesday, Sept. 19
Time(s): 7 p.m.
Facility: Minges Coliseum (Greenville, N.C.)
Aggies Overview: N.C. A&T embarks on their final road non-conference match of the season with a Tuesday night trip to Greenville, N.C., to face East Carolina. A slow start and a tough fourth set allowed Campbell to defeat the Aggies 3-1, in Moore Gymnasium. Freshman Edie Brewer had her third double-double of the season 19 assists, 11 digs while tying a team-high with eight kills. Senior Jasmine Lindor also had eight kills, made only one error sporting a .333 hitting percentage and tied a season-high with three service aces.
ECU Pirates Overview: East Carolina, which plays N.C. Central three hours before they face the Aggies, have four wins in their last six matches, falling in their last tournament to Gardner-Webb and The Citadel. The Pirates are averaging 12.9 kills, 1.4 aces, 15.0 digs and 2.1 blocks per set, hitting .218 as a team. Senior Lael Ceriani is first with 3.75 kills per set, while freshman Bri Wood is second with 2.78 per set. Freshman Shelby Martin paces the offense averaging 7.81 assists per set. Sophomore Brandee Markwith is first with 5.33 digs per set, while sophomore Toya Osuegbu leads with 1.09 blocks per set.
News & Notes
- Head Coach Hal Clifton is 0-3 against East Carolina including a 3-0 defeat last season on Sept. 6 in Moore Gymnasium (28-26, 25-23, 25-18).
- The Aggies lead the MEAC in opponent hitting percentage (.162) while ranking second in both aces per set (1.81) and team service aces (76). With five victories in 12 matches played, A&T has the highest winning percentage in the MEAC Southern Division with a .417 win percentage.
- Alyssa Pitt is ranked ninth in the MEAC in hitting percentage (.261) and has a team-high 97 digs. Pitt looks to eclipse the century mark in her next match against East Carolina while averaging 2.31 kills per set on .261 hit percentage. She began the season with three consecutive 10-plus kill matches and posted one 10-plus dig match.
- Jasmine Lindor is ranked fourth in the conference in both hitting percentage (.302) and blocks per set (0.95). Lindor has recorded at least one block per match with a season-high eight versus UNCG.
- Edie Brewer has three double-double matches consisting of assists and digs. Brewer is second in the MEAC in service aces per set (0.50) and ninth in assists per set (6.02). She has 11 10-plus assist matches and three with 10-plus digs. Over the last eight consecutive matches she has notched 10-plus assists, while seven times she has posted over 20-plus assists.
- Milanna Morgan has five 10-plus dig matches and has two consecutive matches with 10-plus with a season-high 15 against UNCG.
Up Next: The Aggies prepare for Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference foes Maryland Eastern Shore, Hampton and Norfolk State in the North-South Challenge in Norfolk, Va., on Sept. 22-23. N.C. A&T plays the Hawks on Friday at 4:30 p.m., the Pirates are slated for Saturday at 11:00 a.m., while the Spartans match is at 4:00 p.m. All three matches count as non-conference contests.