A&T Changes Start Time
Marshall (2-2) at North Carolina A&T (1-1)
Date: February 21-13, 2014
Time: Friday (7:30 p.m.), Saturday (6 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
Series: Marshall leads 13-4
Facility: War Memorial Stadium
Note: In order to have the field prepared after inclement weather on Friday, A&T has moved the start time of Friday's game to 7:30 p.m.
A&T TO PLAY HOME SERIES VERSUS MARSHALL
- The North Carolina A&T baseball team will host Marshall in a three-game series starting Friday at 3 p.m., at War Memorial Stadium.
- Out of the 18 innings the Aggies have played this season, they have only scored in two of them, but in those two innings the Aggies produced eight runs on eight hits, including three extra base hits.
HOW TO CATCH THE GAME
- You can follow live stats at ncataggies.com. The live stats link is in the upper right-hand corner of ncataggies.com.
- You can also follow the Aggies on Twitter @ncataggies or Facebook at Facebook.com/ncathletics.
LAST TIME OUT
- N.C. State got the best of the Aggies on Wednesday with a 15-0 win at Doak Field. The ACC’s Wolfpack held the Aggies to three hits, while pounding out 12 hits. The Aggies were also hurt by committing five errors.
- Before losing to the Wolfpack, the Aggies did win their opener, 8-6, over Radford Tuesday afternoon. Charles Cantrell picked up the win after not surrendering an earned run over 3.2 innings.
- Micah Carmony, Kyle Clary, Cameron Jergens, Luke Tendler and Ryan Hill all had multi-hit games against the Highlanders.
Friday: RHP Josh King (Sr., 0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. RHP Tyler Boone (0-0, 3.86 ERA)
Saturday: RHP Matt Margaritonda (0-1, 6.75 ERA) vs. RHP Charles Cantrell (1-0, 0.00 ERA)
Sunday: RHP Michael Taylor (1-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. RHP Mitchell McQueen (0-1, 4.50 ERA)
THIS WEEKEND’S OPPONENT
- The Thundering Herd has spent a lot of time in the Piedmont area since Valentine’s Day. The Herd played in a tournament a Wake Forest last weekend where they defeated Georgetown and Wake Forest and took losses to Wake Forest and Towson.
- The Herd is coming off a 20-34 season in 2013 where it finished 6-18 in Conference USA. Andrew Dundon is Marshall’s top returning hitter after he posted a .298 average with 16 RBI, seven doubles and 11 stolen bases.
- Corey Bird is the only Herd hitting above .200 during the early part of the season. He is 7-for-15 at the plate with a double, three stolen bases and four runs scored. He started the season at the bottom of Marshall’s lineup, but has hit leadoff over the past two games.
- Marshall leads the all-time series 13-4. The Herd took two out of three from the Aggies last season at War Memorial Stadium.
- Before last season’s three-game series, the two teams had not played since the 2001 season when the Aggies won twice.
- A&T has four out of the last six meetings against the Herd.
- The Aggies are back in action at War Memorial Stadium on Wednesday when they face Elon at 3 p.m.
- The Aggies lost two close games to the Phoenix last season by a combined three runs.