Men's Tennis Plays For The Second Straight Day
BOONE (January 28, 2018) – The North Carolina A&T men’s tennis team lost to Appalachian State 7-0 at the Deer Valley Racquet Club Sunday afternoon.
The Aggies did come away with a doubles win even though the Mountaineers took the doubles point by virtue of winning the other two doubles contests.
It was Jorge Bartra and Nicolas Arduh who walked away with the Aggies doubles win at the No. 1 spot. They defeated Milo Bargeron and Alex Pavkovich 6-2. The doubles pair has won two straight matches together.
The longest, hardest fought and most interesting matches came at the No. 3and No. 5 singles positions. At No. 3, Bartra went five sets with Alex Pavkovich before a winner was declared. Bartra battled it out with Pavkovich losing the first set 7-6 after coming up short 7-3 in the tiebreaker set. He went on to win the next set 6-4 before being defeated 7-6 after falling 7-3 in the second tiebreaker set.
In the No. 5 singles contest, it was Jorge Goenaga that won the first set against Campbell Stone 6-4. He went on to be defeated 6-2, 10-7 in the next two sets. Dreshaun Jarmon and Jordan Lawrence both lost their matches 6-2, 6-4 in the No. 2 and 6 singles spots.
North Carolina A&T vs App State
Jan 28, 2018 at Deer Valley Racquet Club
APP STATE 7, North Carolina A&T 0
- Ben Webster (APP) def. ARDUH,Nicolas (NCAT) 6-0, 6-0
- Milo Bargeron (APP) def. JARMON,Dreshaun (NCAT) 6-2, 6-4
- Alex Pavkovich (APP) def. BARTRA,Adair (NCAT) 7-6 (7-3), 4-6, 7-6 (7-3)
- Spencer Brown (APP) def. WILSON,John IV (NCAT) 6-1, 6-1
- Campbell Stone (APP) def. GOENAGA,Jorge (NCAT) 4-6, 6-2, 10-7
- Blake Carter (APP) def. LAWRENCE,Jordan (NCAT) 6-2, 6-4
- BARTRA,Adair/ARDUH,Nicolas (NCAT) def. Milo Bargeron/Alex Pavkovich (APP) 6-2
- Ben Webster/Alex Brea (APP) def. FAULKENBURY,Hayden/GOENAGA,Jorge (NCAT) 6-2
- Spencer Brown/Blake Carter (APP) def. CABAN,Brett/LAWRENCE,Jordan (NCAT) 6-1