Arduh, Bartra Are Victorious In Doubles
GREENSBORO (January 27, 2018) – The North Carolina A&T men’s tennis added Hayden Faulkenbury and Jorge Goenaga to their lineup, leaving head coach William Crutchfield to make some changes to his doubles pairings. It worked. The Aggies earned their first win in a doubles match, but lost to Wofford 7-0 Saturday morning at the Aggies Tennis Complex.
The Aggies (0-4) saw the team of junior Nicolas Arduh and sophomore Jorge Bartra win at No. 1 doubles. Arduh and Bartra defeated Wofford’s John Crawford and Julian Chousa 7-6.
“We have new dynamics being brought to the team with Hayden Faulkenbury and Jorge Goenaga, so we are currently moving the roster around so we can see what works for doubles,” said coach William Crutchfield. “You can see with each match and practice that our identity as a team is coming together.”
Arduh and Bartra competed well in singles also but were not able to come away with a win. Arduh fell to Lucas Cerbelli 6-4, 6-3 in the No. 1 spot while in the No. 2 spot, Bartra took Chousa three sets before falling 7-5, 7-6, (10-3).
At the No. 6 singles, senior Brett Caban was close to winning his first set of the season but lost in a tiebreaker (10-3) to Casasolas in the first set. He lost the second set 6-3. Senior John Wilson IV was defeated by Edu Villar 6-3, 6-2 in No. 3 singles.
Wofford vs North Carolina A&T
Jan 27, 2018 at Aggie Tennis Complex
Wofford 7, North Carolina A&T 0
- Lucas Cerbelli (WOFFORD) def. ARDUH,Nicolas (NCAT) 6-4, 6-3
- Julian Chousa (WOFFORD) def. BARTRA,Adair (NCAT) 7-5, 7-6 (10-3)
- Edu Villar (WOFFORD) def. WILSON,John IV (NCAT) 6-3, 6-2
- Parks Schoen (WOFFORD) def. FAULKENBURY,Hayden (NCAT) 6-0, 6-0
- Kyle Barr (WOFFORD) def. LAWRENCE,Jordan (NCAT) 6-0, 6-2
- Javi Casasolas (WOFFORD) def. CABAN,Brett (NCAT) 7-6 (7-3), 6-3
- ARDUH,Nicolas/BARTRA,Adair (NCAT) def. John Crawford/Julian Chousa (WOFFORD) 7-6
- Lucas Cerbelli/Jack Thomas (WOFFORD) def. JARMON,Dreshaun/WILSON,John IV (NCAT) 6-0
- Javi Casasolas/Omar Williams (WOFFORD) def. FAULKENBURY,Hayden/LAWRENCE,Jordan (NCAT) 6-3